Menu
English | 中文

1901: The first product

Company founder, Georg Hipp sr.

Word soon spread of the success of the rusk flour for children by Maria Hipp’s husband, which, of course, she also sold in the shop. Joseph Hipp already supplied a number of fellow bakers at the beginning of the 20th century. This way, incidentally, the cake shop developed into a small factory for J. Hipp’s rusk flour for children, which was eventually sold in its well-known yellow and black packaging for decades to come.

One of his sons, Georg Hipp (1905 – 1967) was particularly active in promoting the rusk flour. As a 16-year-old he started to market it in Munich by selling it door-to-door. Soon the parents’ premises became too small.

So Georg Hipp took over this area and founded his own company in Pfaffenhofen in 1932.